Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This can include information that when put together with other information can then identify a person. For example, this could be your name and contact details. This notice explains the high-level principles we operate to in using your personal data and under what conditions we share your information.
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
The information contained in this Privacy Notice describes what personal data we collect and what we will do with your personal data that we collect from our website, with personal data you provide to us in the course of purchasing our products and services, or with personal data you otherwise provide to us. This Notice also outlines your privacy rights and provides details of how we aim to protect personal data we collect relating to you. You should read this Privacy Notice, together with any other notice we provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your personal data, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal data.
‘Processing’ of personal data means any operation or set of operations that is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, deletion or destruction.
Mercury Drone Ports is committed to safeguarding and protecting your personal information and using it in compliance with data protection law. When collecting and using any personal information about you, Mercury Drone Ports is committed to doing so in accordance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
WHY DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect and hold information about you so that we, or another public body providing services which are connected with ours, can:
· confirm your identity to provide services
· contact you by post, email, SMS text messages or telephone
· understand your needs to provide the services you ask for
· understand what we can do for you and tell you about other services and benefits you may need or want
· ask for your opinion about our services
· help us to build up a picture of how we are performing and what services the people of Angus need
· to send you news and marketing communications
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
If you email us we may keep a record of your email address and the email for our record keeping. We suggest that you keep the amount of confidential information you send to us via email to a minimum and use our secure online forms and services.
Mercury Drone Port website
The website does not store or capture personal information other than a log of your IP address which is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet etc. The system will only record other personal information if you enter it in order to:
· subscribe to or apply for services that require personal information
· contact us and leave your details for us to respond
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information in a manner which conforms to the General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018. To the extent required, we will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary and prescribed periods that may be set in statute.
For most purposes, we will only process your information where necessary to allow us to carry out a statutory function or comply with a legal obligation to do so. In these cases, we will make sure that the gathering, holding and use of your personal data is kept to a minimum and in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement or a more specific privacy notice. We will not use your personal details for any other purpose without obtaining your consent, unless otherwise necessary as explained in this statement.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested these communications specifically by opting in. In any case you will have the option to unsubscribe or opt out by contacting TCD@angus.gov.uk or if the communication is by email, a link within the email.
When we seek your consent for additional use of your personal information, we will make clear what use you are consenting to. We will not use your personal details for any other purpose without getting your further consent.
We work closely with many public bodies. Information will generally only be shared with them on a statutory basis or with your consent and you should always be made aware when services are to be provided to you on a joint basis. The integration of health and social care has resulted in more information being exchanged with NHS Tayside within the remit of the Angus Health and Social Care Partnership. The contact details of the partnership are available in the contact details and advice section.
At no time will your information be passed to external organisations or our partners for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your consent.
STATISTICS AND REPORTS
We carry out statistical analyses of the information we hold to monitor our performance and to improve service delivery. These statistics do not identify any individuals and may be published or shared with other organisations or individuals. We also carry out research and help other bodies carry out research using the information we hold where there is a legitimate interest in doing so. We may also share information with other public bodies as part of a project to produce better population estimates for the area.
However, at no time will we carry out research or allow anyone using our information to do so, where the outcome of that research will be:
· used in any way to make decisions about any individuals concerned in the research
· carried out in a way that substantial damage or substantial distress could be caused to any individual whose information is being used as part of the research.
We or anyone with access to our information when carrying out research will only use or give access to anonymised information unless it is necessary to use personal information that identifies individuals.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information is held electronically on secure servers operated by, or on behalf of, Angus Council. Information processed by the Angus Health and Social Care Partnership may be held in secure facilities of NHS Tayside and/or other social and health care agencies providing services for or on behalf of the partnership.
No one has access to the personal information we hold unless it is necessary to enable us to carry out our duties towards you or to protect your vital interests. No third parties have access to your personal data unless permitted by law or unless we have contracted with them to provide services on our behalf. Everyone who has access to your personal information is bound by a duty of confidentiality and must adhere to data protection principles.
We never sell your information to third parties for any purpose including marketing. We do not provide your information to any other public bodies or departments unless the law requires us to do so.
We will dispose of paper records or delete any electronic personal information in a secure way.
The personal information we hold about you is your information and the law gives you a number of rights in relation to that information:
· You have the right to be informed about the information we hold and how we process it
· You have the right to access all the information we hold about you as prescribed by the data protection legislation
· You have the right to require us to rectify any errors in the information we hold about you
· You can ask for your personal information to be deleted under certain circumstances but we can’t delete your information where we are required to have it by law, where it is used for freedom of expression, for public health or statistical purposes; for scientific or historical research, where it would make information unusable or where it is necessary for legal claims
· You have the right to ask us to restrict your information from being processed under certain circumstances
· You have the right to object to us collecting or processing personal information about you though this may affect our ability to provide services to you
· You have the right to ask for your personal information to be given back to you or another service provider of your choice in a commonly used format. This is called data portability. However, this only applies if we’re using your personal information with consent (not if we’re required to by law) and if decisions were made by a computer and not a human being. It is likely that data portability won’t apply to most of the services you receive from Mercury Drone Ports.
CONTACT DETAILS AND ADVICE
Mercury Drone Ports works with Angus Council who has a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, discuss your information rights further or are concerned about the use of your data please email email@example.com.
Orchardbank Business Park
Tel: 03452 777 778
We will reply to a valid request within one month of receiving your request.
If you have any concerns or seek further advice you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK. They can be contacted through their website: www.ico.org.uk, their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House